Tuesday 3 April 2012

Tribute to Princess Diana

Ever since I can remember I was always fascinated by the royal family and it all started with Princess Diana. She seemed so down to earth with real problems and she always reached out to everyday people. I guess that what made me feel drawn to her. When I heard about her death I was in church and it devasted me. She was born on July 1, 1961 and died August 31, 1997 in a tragic car crash in a tunnell in Paris France. Her boyfriend Dodi and the chauffer Henri Paul also died. When she was old enough to work she was a nanny until she got married to Prince Charles on July 29, 1981 and her and Charles had two sons William and Harry. Through her life as a princess she was hounded by the press and battled depression and bulimia and once tried to committ suicide. She volunteered for hospitals, landmines, Aids, Red Cross, and she helped the poor whenever she could. "In 1995 Diana is awarded the Prize for Humanity by the Society for Brain Research in New York". In 1996 she also recieved a gold medal for her work for humanity. This was the same year that her and Prince Charles got divorced. She lost her title of Her Royal Highness but kept the title of Princess Diana. During her funeral Elton John sang Candle In The Wind in memory of her. RIP Princess Diana

1 comment:

  1. My favorite artist, Michael Jackson, also "murdered" was friends with Princess Diana; and actually felt she would die, shortly beforehand. It was a huge loss to the world, with both Michael and Diana. Interesting post, keep on posting.

    ReplyDelete