Monday 16 April 2012

Buddhism Mantras

When I was trying to figure myself out I was Christian, Buddhism and Wicca I used to practice a few mantras myself. I know two people who practice meditation and one who considers himself in the Buddhism religion so I will write down a few mantras and tell you how to use them. Usually people in this religion practice on Buddhist Prayer Beads in which it contains 108 beads and are known as Mala Beads. They also are used in the Hindu religion which I will discuss in another posting. The buddhism belief is that people have 108 afflications that is why there is 108 beads, Some of the Mantras are: Om Mani Padme Hum White Tara Mantra: White Tara means long life and with a particular person in min. Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Mama Ayuḥ Punya Jñānā Puṣtiṃ Kuru Svāhā For the Medicine Buddha: tadyathā:) oṃ bhaiṣajye bhaiṣajye mahābhaiṣajye bhaiṣajyarāje samudgate svāhā. Sabbe satta sukhi hontu means may all be well and happy Om shanti shanti shanti means peace Avalokitesvara mantra Oṁ Mani Padme Hūṁ / Om Mani Padme Hum The lord who looks down with Compassion I hope you enjoyed it. You can find other Mantras at the site that I got these from: http://www.wildmind.org

2 comments:

  1. Extremely interesting, I use Mantras as well, in particular Om Namah Shivaya: meaning I bow to Shiva (my true self). Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting and for giving me another mantra. Its a beutiful one and probably one that I will use. BB

    ReplyDelete