Tuesday 24 April 2012

Swedish Meatballs Recipe

I used to love eatting this ( grant it, it was the microwavable kind ) but I want to give you this recipe. Enjoy SWEDISH MEATBALLS Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1826,148174-250192,00.html Content Copyright © 2012 Cooks.com - All rights reserved. 2 to 3 tbsp. butter 3 tbsp. finely chopped onions 1 tbsp. finely chopped garlic 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced 1/3 c. bread crumbs 3/4 c. water 1/4 c. cream (any kind) 1/2 lb. ground beef 1/4 lb. ground pork 1/4 lb. ground veal 1 egg 1 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. pepper Sauté onions in butter until golden brown. Combine 3/4 cup water with 1/4 cup cream. Soak bread crumbs in water and cream, then add ground meats, onions, seasonings, and egg. Mix until very smooth. Shape into balls using two spoons that have been dipped in cold water. Fry in butter until evenly browned, a few at a time. Shake pan continuously to make balls round. Remove each batch to a saucepan for easy reheating. Clear skillet with a little water before starting next batch. Pour this pan juice into a cup and reserve. Season the pan juice and pour over meatballs (in the saucepan) when they have all finished cooking. These meatballs are generally served without gravy (pan juices are used instead). Some people like to roll the meatballs in a breading made from fine oats (pulverized in a food processor) or plain bread crumbs before frying in the butter. If you choose this method, dip the meatballs in a beaten egg before rolling. Makes 4 servings.

2 comments:

  1. I don't believe in consuming any animal product, but can not claim to always follow that "rule". But, will always do my best to be vegan. However, there is one thing I am sure of, and that is the cruelty behind veal (see http://www.noveal.org/sci_evidence.htm). Sorry for the harshness in this comment, I only meant to educate, not offend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Even though I will not be looking at that site I thank you for your input. I hope I didnt offend you in any way but I do like this dish

    ReplyDelete