Tuesday 10 April 2012

Helping others

Since I was little my mom used to say that I would take care of others before myself, that I had a huge heart. Due to personal reasons I gave up doing this publicly until without trying a friend of mine made me see that I have to get back into it and he/she doesnt even know it. I used to be in Amnestry International and Amnestry.ca for years and some of the people that I signed petitions for because of various reasons was actually realeased from jail or justice got brought to them. I am not saying that I am the cause of this happening but it does feel good to know that I was just one vote for that. It is a program that helps victims who are in jail for no reason, people who are tortured, people in 3rd world countries and I just signed a petition of this lady who was actually not allowed to murn her son who got murdered. Makes you really wondor how lucky we are to have the freedom to do almost anything we like. Next to that I do give a present for needy families for what we call the Salvation Army Tree each Christmas/Holiday. You might say I cant do that, I cant afford that but the next time you see a homeless person even a quarter, dime, nickel, penny means so much. If there is a container for a certain organization give something. Even a smile goes a long way for a person who is having a really bad day or a prayer. Or volunteer one hour to a service that really needs it. Please keep this in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment