Wednesday 29 February 2012

Information about my beliefs and Wheel of the Year



I was a strong believer in the Catholic / Christian religion till recently when I realized that I am more spiritual then religious and I like to praise nature and the seasons more than reading the bible.  Dont get me wrong, I respect everybody's beliefs and I know for a fact that I will get people commenting on this but my beliefs are my beliefs.

Also I believe in the Sabbaths: connection between the God and Goddess and the Esbats the changing of the moon and seasons.  So today I will briefly touch on the Wheel of the year and why we ( people like me) . So enjoy! Since I am pressing for time today I will do the esbats on another time.

Sabbaths:

October 31:  Samhain - Witches New Year
                        Celebrate those who passed on and it is when the veil of the afterlife lifts. Even though                            it  sounds scary it is very peaceful and calm


December 21: Yule-    The rebirth of the Great God ( newborn solistic sun)

February  2:    Imbolc- Associated to the Goddess Bridgit and is one of the 4 fire festivals. Tradition
                                     traditional for initations

March 21:       Ostara-  Rejoining of the Goddess Mother and her consert

May1:              Beltane- 2nd fire festival.  Ritual union of the Goddess and the God


June 19:          Litha:      one of the four solar holidays

August 1:         Lammas: One of the two harvest festivals. The other two is Samhain and Mabon.
                         First fruits of the harvest

May 21:            Mabon:     Thanksgiving

If you have any suggestions please let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment