Thursday 2 February 2012

Wolfville, NS: My dream place

I used to go to this place every summer for years and I miss it sooo much and wish that I could return to it someday.  This place is in Wolfville N.S. about 100 kms away from Halifax and one thing I remember is going there by train! ( It stopped running 2 years before my last trip there). Its a small town of apporximately 3,772 people with willow trees, a main street which oddly enough only seems to rain on one side of the street and it is always the same side, very friendly people, unique shops that when I used to visit there, there was a mexician clothing store etc. I cant find very much  on the stores now but there is a place called the Bamboo store and loads of restraunts. There is also a place called the Library Pub. Its also  the home of Acadia University and even though its extremmly hot in the summer it was an awesome place to visit even though it was centered in the middle of a farming area. To go to a mall you had to take a bus to New Minas which was about 1/2hr. away but it was worth a ride.  When I was there the mayor was Mr. Townsend ( a very nice man) and they also ran the cottages that I used to stay in Roselawn Cottages ( now called Roselawn Lodging). The family was really nice and to this day I really missed them. I am not even sure if they live there anymore. The history behind Wolfville is that it was called Mud Creek and it was changed because the granddaughters of the postmaster convinced him that a more suitable name should be given. However later on I heard that it was in honour of Elisha DeWolf so I am not sure which one is true.  Grand Pre is close by which I used to love and Michelle Doucette actually has a book about it if anyone ever wants to check it out.  Its called a Travel in time to Grand Pre. I am reading it now and its an awesome book. I recommend it to anyone. I am sorry that this is short but due to personal reasons I cant write a long article today.




This is the famous park that I used to go to Willow Park because its mostly willow trees in Wolfville.

Have a great day

1 comment:

  1. Loved hearing about Wolfville. In regards to Michele Doucette's book, I've read it, and it is fabulous. Check out her other books too, just search her name on Amazon.ca if you are in Canada or Amazon.com if you are in the US. Thanks for the post, love following your blog, as I check your blog everyday. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete