Thursday 9 February 2012

Italy

Long before I met the love of my life I always wanted to go to Italy, both to Florence and to Venice. I decided to write two places since in my heart I couldnt decide which one to choose. ( Yeah, I am in that kind of mood)

Venice Italy is suppose to be the most romantic city in Italy  and was founded in 421 AD and a cathedrial was build in 639 AD and there are bridges built to link parts of this city together that stands to this day. In 726 Orso lpato castle was built but now it is the location of St. Marks Square.
(http://www.veniceword.com
This city is known as " the city of water" . The classical boat that is mostly used for special occasions the "gonodola" and it usually has seats that are velvet and the rugs are persion. It is usually very lavous. Aside from special occasions tourists usually use these as well and they usually travel down the canels of this city with a rower in the front. There are other transportation such as a water bus called "vaporetti", flights, trains and cars.
( http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venice#Waterways

There is still a palace called the Dodge Palace that stands to this day. It was severly burnt in 1977 though. In the ally ways of Venice Italy is known to be haunted and it is said that if you go down there you would be stuck in a time loop.

Florence Italy is in Tuscany Italy. You will live in the years of the renaissance and it is known for its enchanting museums." It is known to be the most important cities in Europe from Middle Ages to the Renaissance." Florence is known for the museams, churches, places and monuments.  One of the most known places is the "Cathedral of Santa Maria del fiore"  There is one bridge that connects the modern part which is discussed above to the oldest part of Florence Italy which is called " Oltrarno"  The whole city is known for artists

http://www.florenceitaly.info/

I hope you enjoyed this blog and I will post about another place next Thursday

 Florence Italy



grand canal venice italy    Venice Italy

4 comments:

  1. Italy resonates with me, all the way to the core of what makes me, me. Time look, I've experienced those, scary though. Florence sounds familiar, perhaps I've been there. Great post, nice pictures too. BB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that it hasnt brough you back to bad memories in past lives. I just love this place, to me its a beautiful spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bad memories came to mind. It is indeed a beautiful spot. BB!

      Delete